Are you finding it hard to sell your home on the MLS? Whether you’re selling your home through an agent or by yourself on the MLS, it can be frustrating to think why nothing is happening yet — and you need it to sell your house already.
If you are a homeowner in Georgia, you have several options for selling your property. This includes listing on the MLS with a realtor, FSBO using a flat-fee listing service, or selling directly to someone you know.
Another option sellers can go to is selling to a local home buyer. Homeowners make this choice when they want a fast sale, don’t want to do any renovations or maintenance, or don’t want to pay real estate agent commissions or fees. Also, these transactions can help when a seller wants to avoid the uncertainty of inspections and appraisals of a traditional sale, or they want to avoid buyers coming through the home for confidentiality or health concerns.
A major issue though is that many people don’t understand how local home buyers work.
Selling to a real estate buyer can be quick and profitable for you. But, it’s important to know how investors operate so you can ensure you are working with a trustworthy professional.
What’s the Difference between Real Estate Investors & Local Home Buyers?
Most local home buyers are real estate investors. However, not all real estate investors are local home buyers. Real estate investor is a general term for iBuyers, Hedge Funds, REIT’s or other type of buyers. Local home buyers usually live and work in the area you are trying to sell your home. They are concerned about the numbers just like other investors but, they are also concerned with their community and maintaining a solid local reputation.
In a large corporate transaction, your home sale is just another line on the calendar and the numbers better make sense. On the other hand, a good local home buyer will be concerned with helping you overcome the situation you are facing and won’t walk away from the deal.
Advantages of selling to a local home buyer:
- Market Knowledge – Local Home Buyers know and understand the market. They can compare your property with similar comparable units and better evaluate the after-repair value.
- Quick Offer – Since they know the local market better, local investors can quickly evaluate your property and provide you with an offer, usually within a day or so.
- No Fees – When you sell to a local home buyer, you avoid spending on agent commissions, closing contributions, home warranties, termite bonds, transaction fees and more. All the numbers are up front and easy for you to understand.
- Sell As-Is – Local home buyers use cash so they aren’t restricted by the requirements and rulings of a mortgage lender. You can sell your house without maintenance, updating, renovating, repairing, cleaning or staging. If you are a landlord, you can even sell your property without evicting your tenants!
- Choose your Closing – Whether you need to sell immediately or need the guarantee of a future closing date, reputable local home buyers can let you set the date because they’re always ready with their payment.
- Protection – Keep an endless string of buyers out of your property to protect your privacy and confidentiality. Selling to a local home buyer lets you avoid exposing your home to vandalism, theft, squatters or disease.
- Options – Local home buyers have multiple ways to buy your property. Experience and creativity allow them to structure deals you can’t create with a traditional listing. Flexibility can create a win-win transaction for everyone!
How do you find a Local Home Buyer?
It’s easy to find a local home buyer, finding a good one though is the challenge. So here’s how to find and decide on a professional home buyer.
- Recommendations – Ask around! Have any of your friends or family members used or know of a reputable local home buyer? If so, ask about their experience.
- Internet – A Google search for Local Home Buyer in your area will turn up plenty of companies. You can also find a local home buyer on different social media platforms. Be sure to use terms like: Fixer Upper, As-Is Sale, Cash Offer Only, and others to target cash buyers.Fill out a form or call the number to talk with someone at the company.
- Direct Mail – Many local home buyers use direct mail to contact sellers in the neighborhoods they want to buy. Try to check your email every now and then.
Is this Local Home Buyer a Good One?
Selling your property is a major decision, be sure to choose your buyer with equal consideration. Local home buyers are like every other industry or profession — some are bad, some are good, and only a few are great!
Here are some questions you can ask or research on any potential real estate investors:
- Are they a Local Home Buyer?
- Are they the final buyer?
- Are they on Google, Yelp, Etc?
- Are they on Facebook, YouTube, Etc?
- Do they have 5-Star reviews on multiple sites?
- Are they Professionally Licensed?
- Are they BBB Accredited?
- Can they provide Proof of Funds?
- What are their plans for the property?
- What contract forms do they use?
If you want to work with a professional local home buyer with a solid reputation, you can call Spire Property Solutions at (678) 318-1801! Allow us to buy your home and help you move on from your property issues in as fast as one week!